Golden Ear Mushroom, also known as "Golden Mushroom" and "Elm Mushroom", is a rare edible mushroom. The delicious flavor and unique aroma of the Golden Ear has made it widely used in the food industry. The delicious flavor and unique aroma of the Golden Ear has made it widely used in the food industry, and it is known as the "King of Soup".
Golden Ear is rich in nutrition, in addition to ergot sulfate, but also contains protein, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, polysaccharides and other nutrients. The amino acid content of golden ear is extremely rich, with high content of essential amino acids, which is a kind of high-nutrition, low-calorie food. Long-term consumption can lower blood pressure, reduce cholesterol levels, and has the effect of nourishing and strengthening the body. The (1,3)-β-D-glucan in the polysaccharide of Golden Ear can activate the immune function, enhance the macrophage in the white blood cell of human body, activate the immune T-cells in the thymus gland and the immune cells in the bone marrow, and promote the production of antibody in the immune B-cells.
It is a substance capable of undergoing mutual isomerization between thiol and thione forms. At physiological pH, the thione isomerization is dominant, giving ergothioneine a strong and stable antioxidant capacity. Studies have shown that EGT has 7,000 times the antioxidant capacity of vitamin E and removes more peroxides than coenzyme Q10. Ergothioneine is the only super antioxidant that enters the mitochondria through the transporter protein OCTN-1, which scavenges free radicals and protects the mitochondria.
has the following characteristics.
1) it is an adaptive antioxidant that accumulates preferentially in cells and tissues exposed to oxidative stress and damage, whereas the organic cation transporter protein OCTN1 (now known as SLC22A4, a 551-amino-acid transporter protein containing three glycosylation sites) in the body translocates ergothioneine to the desired sites;.
2) The body has a regenerative ergothioneine recycling pathway. The human body has a regenerative ergothioneine recycling pathway that can be regenerated by binding ergothioneine to glutathione so that it can be recycled and react with unilinear oxygen to produce a more comprehensive and long-lasting antioxidant effect; and
3)Ergothioneine is excreted very slowly in the human body so that ergothioneine can be highly retained in body tissues and red blood cells of humans and other animals and can be fully utilized for its effects; and
4) Ergothioneine exists mainly in the form of thionein, which has ideal thermal and pH stability.
Ergothioneine protects brain health, improves cognitive function, and can penetrate the blood-brain barrier into the brain.
The potential mechanisms of action of ergothioneine in neurodegenerative diseases are multifaceted.
1) Ergothioneine directly inhibits the accumulation of bacteria and lipid peroxidation in the hippocampus and neuronal cells.
2) It may affect other antioxidants, such as maintaining glutathione/glutathione synthesis ratio and superoxide dismutase activity, and restoring acetylcholinesterase activity in the brain.
3)It prevents the formation of peroxynitrite, which protects or reduces neuronal cells from β in a dose-dependent manner.
4) it directly reduces the level of reactive oxygen species, inhibits the transcriptional pathway of NF-κB, and also prevents the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines, thereby inhibiting neuroinflammation in the brain; and
5) It protects nerve cells from hyperglycemia-induced cytotoxicity.
Due to its exceptional antioxidant capacity, ergothioneine has emerged as a high potential anti-aging ingredient in the skin care world.
Ergothioneine's skincare benefits are mainly in the area of anti-aging, with five main mechanisms of action.
1)Anti-photo-aging, mainly anti-UV, inhibits UV-induced peroxidation, expression of inflammatory factors/β-gel and matrix metalloproteinases; it can be added to cosmetics as a sunscreen ingredient.
2)Antioxidant, prevents oxidative damage, repairs DNA damage, inhibits the occurrence of apoptosis, and improves cell viability; helps skin retain moisture.
3)Anti-glycosylation, reduce the production of glycation end-products; reduce the damage of sugar to the skin.
4) preventing mitochondrial membrane potential and tDNA damage, preventing telomere damage, activating telomerase activity, reducing telomere shortening rate, and slowing down skin aging.